|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Festive Fall Muffins |
|Contributed by: Syren4444||Added: Nov 25, 2008 at 09:15 PM|
These are wonderful toasted for a fall/winter season treat! Pumpkin, cranberries, and nice spices make for a great hearty muffin!
How to make it:
- 2 cups Quinoa Flour (you can substitute your favorites)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- Spices to taste: cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract (or other flavor)
- 1 Tablespoon molasses (optional)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries and 1/2 cooking liquid
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup applesauce (or oil)
- 2 egg whites (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350, line muffin tins and spray with nonstick.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add 1/2 water to the cranberries, cover and microwave about 3-4minutes until the pop.
- In separate bowl, blend the cranberry and water mixture with the rest of wet ingredients and then add to dry mixture. Blend well.
- Pour into 12 muffin tins and bake for 10-15 minutes until puffy and browned.