|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Seed & Nut bread|
|Contributed by: Accidental Chef||Added: Nov 15, 2008 at 11:10 PM|
A great snack that goes well with compliant cheese!
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 1 cup freshly milled millet
- 1/2 cup freshly ground almond
- 1/8-1/4 cup Ghee, just enough to make combined flours crumbly
- 3/4-1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 Tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon compliant sweetener
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine flours with sweetener and salt.
- Add ghee till you get a crumbly mixture.
- Add pine nuts and sesame seeds and mix well.
- Whisk egg and add that and mix well.
- Add pineapple juice and combine mixture till you get a slightly runny mixture.
- Let the whole mix stand for 15 minutes (thanks Brighid for this tip!)
- Set oven to 180 Deg C/350 deg F
- Just before spreading the mix on a tray, add baking soda -another great tip from Brighid!
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised May 23, 2011 at 09:19 PM By: Joe