|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Ribbit||Added: Nov 12, 2008 at 03:43 PM|
This is taken directly from 'The Allergy Self-Help Cookbook' by Marjorie Hurt Jones.Use as a pie crust for any sweet pie, or double recipe to make a top and a bottom for a chicken/turkey pot-pie.
How to make it:
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey (or agave)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grind almonds to a fine powder in a blender.
- Place in a 9' pie plate.
- Add flour, salt, and cinnamon if using.
- Mix well with a fork.
- Combine the water, oil and honey in a small saucepan.
- Heat over low heat just until honey liquefies. (This can be omitted if using agave, because agave dissolves in water.)
- Pour into the flour mixture.
- Stir with a fork until well blended.
- Let stand a few minutes for rice flour to absorb the liquid.
- Press the mixture firmly into place with your fingers, spreading to cover the bottom and sides of pie plate. Pat top edge of crust into a straight edge.
- For a baked crust, bake for 18 min, or until lightly brown and marked with a few small cracks.
- Cool before filling.
- For an unbaked crust, bake 5 minutes.
- Add desired filling, and finish baking as the recipe directs.