|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Darla Quail||Added: Nov 11, 2008 at 02:20 PM|
This is a recipe that was created by a lady in the neighborhood I grew up in. This has been a family favorite for years. It originally called for baking the filling in a sourdough bread bowl however to make it type A OK I had to change this and a few other things. I think its still delicious.
How to make it:
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb ground Turkey
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons pesto
- 2 Tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 1 10 oz pkg frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 a loaf of 100% Sprouted Wheat Bread (Exekiel), broken into small pieces
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a oil coated large skillet brown turkey and saute the onion.
- When the turkey is thoroughly cooked, remove skillet from heat.
- Add pesto, romano cheese, spinach and salt.
- Mix together.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with soy milk.
- Add the bread to the bowl and stir to moisten.
- Add the rice and turkey mixture to the large bowl of moistened bread.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Fold in 1 cup of the mozzarella.
- Spoon mixture into a large oil greased casserole dish.
- Spread evenly and top with the remaining cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for another 20 minutes.