|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Lamb Stew with Vegetables and Roots|
|Contributed by: Lady Arwen||Added: Nov 09, 2008 at 06:52 PM|
A dish enough for 2 hungry Hobbits or 4 regular people
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A Non Secretor (8 beneficials)
- Type AB (8 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (8 beneficials)
- Type B (8 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (13 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 1 pound organic lamb, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon walnut garlic pesto
- 1 Tablespoon macadamia nut oil
- 1 Tablespoon walnut oil
- 2 leeks, sliced thinly, white only
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup Martin and Wyrick Muscato Allegro
- 3 small beets, cooked and chopped into chunks
- 1 package frozen California Style vegetables, cooked
- Mrs Braggs Amino Acid to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- a pinch of thyme
- Heat the oil and add the lamb and the onions.
- Brown lamb and onions. Add Walnut Garlic Pesto
- Scrape pan and add the 2 juices.
- Add the Leeks and the sea salt.
- Mix and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the Wine and the Thyme.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Add the Beets and the California Style veggies, heat through. Enjoy!
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
 This recipe uses ingredients with a good omega 3 to omega 6 fatty acid ratio.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Wine (White)|| || N|| B|| N|| N|| N|| B|| A|| A|
|Walnut Oil||1 ,2|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|| B|| N|| B|
|Cauliflower||2 ,3|| N|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| A|| A|
|Lamb||2|| A|| N|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|
|Cranberry Juice||2|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|
|Sea Salt||2|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Leek||2 ,3|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| A|
|Garlic||2 ,3|| B|| N|| B|| B|| N|| B|| N|| B|
|Onion (Red/Spanish/Yellow/Whit...||2 ,3|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| B|| B|| B|
|Walnut (English)||2 ,3|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|| B|| B|| B|
|Beet||2 ,3|| N|| N|| B|| N|| B|| B|| N|| N|
|Macadamia||2 ,3|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Carrot||2 ,4|| B|| N|| N|| N|| B|| B|| N|| B|
|Thyme||2|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Broccoli||2 ,3|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Parsley||2|| B|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Pineapple Juice||2|| B|| B|| N|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in glucosinolates.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Dec 16, 2010 at 06:46 PM By: Joe