|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Tomato Spinach and Leek Frittata |
|Contributed by: Lady Arwen||Added: Oct 29, 2008 at 11:58 AM|
This hearty frittata is a healthy choice for breakfast or for entertaining because it can be served warm or at room temperature. A large ovenproof nonstick skillet is a must for this recipe.
How to make it:
- 1 tbls extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, cleaned and thinly sliced (white parts only)
- 1 glove of Garlic, minced
- 1 cup of organic spinach
- 1tsp of dried thyme leaves
- 2 cups of egg substitue
- 1/4 cup low-fat goat milk
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1pound ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced crosswise
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Warm oil in 10' ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and Garlic; cook 8 minutes,until softened and fragrant, stirring often.
- During the last 2 minutes add the spinach. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, thyme leaves, low-fat goat milk, and salt. Stir in cheese. Pour over leek mixture in skillet. Gently lift up leek mixture to coat bottom of pan. Arrange tomato slices in overlapping pattern on top. Cook 8 minutes, until sides are set but mixture is still loose on top. Transfer skillet to oven and cook 10 minutes, until center is cooked through and tomatoes are lightly browned. Remove from oven; run a rubber spatula around edges and underneath to loosen frittata from skillet. Slide onto serving platter. Cut into wedges.
- Tip: Leeks can be gritty, so they need to be washed thoroughly. To dislodge the dirt, put the sliced leeks in a colander and rub vigorously under cold running water.