|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Graedyn||Added: Oct 25, 2008 at 07:06 PM|
Lots of good, whole ingredients, perfectly suited for O Gatherers. Makes a 9x13 pan, but can be halved.
How to make it:
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter or ghee
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup flaxseed (can be omitted and use 1 cup meal)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup oatmeal (not the quick-cook)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey or agave syrup
- 1 cup rice milk (or BTD equivalent)
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring, or to taste
- 1-1/2 cups currants
- Pecans, walnuts and almonds, amounts to your taste
- In a saucepan, gently melt butter or ghee and stir in cocoa until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix all dry ingredients, flour through baking powder, until well combined.
- Add cocoa/butter mixture and remaining ingredients up to the nuts and stir until well mixed.
- It should be the consistency of thick brownie batter.
- Pour into an oiled and floured (I use rice flour) 9x13 pan and spread evenly.
- Cover the top with nuts (I use walnut and pecan halves and whole raw almond but all can be chopped and added to the batter, if you wish) and, using either your hand or a spatula, press nuts down into the batter.
- Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes.
- These should not be over-baked.
- When cooled, cut into squares of your desired size.
- This makes a lot and can be frozen to be doled out at will.