|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Tart & Tangy Cranberry Sauce|
|Contributed by: Syren4444||Added: Oct 20, 2008 at 02:27 PM|
A fun, tangy, tart cranberry sauce. I love this on green beans, poured over turkey, or add a glob to your favorite soup or yogurt! Stir in nuts and dried fruit for a sticky sweet treat.
How to make it:
- 3 Cups raw cranberries
- 1 Cup water
- 3 Slices fresh ginger
- 4 Cinnamon sticks (or 1teaspoon cinnamon)
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons black strap molasses
- Optional: Flavor extract, agave nectar (extra sweetness), replace water with fruit juice of your choice.
- Boil water, add cranberries, cinnamon, ginger, lemon, and keep on low boil.
- When cranberries have popped and the liquid thickened, add your molasses.
- If you like a sweeter sauce, add agave or sugar.
- Remove ginger slices and cinnamon sticks before serving.
- Store in airtight container in fridge.