|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Apple and Apricot Soup|
|Contributed by: Polly in UK||Added: Oct 18, 2008 at 11:14 AM|
This is a favourite soup with family and friends. Just delicious! Light and refreshing, hot or cold.
How to make it:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces onion- finely chopped
- 6 ounces celery- cut into strips & thinly sliced
- 6 ounces dried or ready to eat apricots-quartered [check for avoids]
- 8 ounces cooking apple/tart apple, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 ounce ground almonds
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube [check for avoids]
- 2-1/2 pints of boiling water
- garnish with flaked almonds.
- Heat oil, cook onion and celery for 10 minutes covered, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the 1/2 stock cube.
- Add apple and apricots, and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in ground almonds, them remove pan from heat and add water.
- Bring back to boil, then simmer covered for about 30 minutes.
- Place mixture in liquidizer/blender, and blend until smooth.
- Serve sprinkled with toasted flaked almonds.
- Enjoy, I know you will.