|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Wheat-free, Dairy-free Lasagna|
|Contributed by: Ribbit||Added: Oct 17, 2008 at 05:16 PM|
I had an Italian tell me it tasted like his mother's.... but it's dairy-free! He didn't believe me.
How to make it:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1-1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoon each basil and oregano (or to taste), divided
- 2 teaspoon salt (divided)
- Black pepper to taste
- 16 ounces rice lasagna noodles
- 1 - 10 ounce box frozen spinach, thawed (opt.)
- 1 package firm tofu
- 1 container Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream
- 1 egg (it's really optional, but use it if you can eat eggs)
- If you have the type of noodle that requires cooking first, follow directions on the box. Box will say if cooking is not required.
- Saute onion and garlic in oil.
- Add beef or turkey.
- Cook until brown.
- Add basil, salt and tomato sauce.
- Bring to boil, simmer for 5 min, then remove from heat.
- Drain tofu, press with towel, and crumble.
- Season with salt, oregano and basil to taste.
- Stir in Tofutti cream cheese.
- Add spinach, if using.
- Stir well, adjust seasonings.
- Stir in egg.
- Layer in large baking dish: tofu mix, noodles, meat mix...until all used up.
- Top with cheese, if you can eat it.
- Bake at 425 for 45 minutes