|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Butternut Squash Fries|
|Contributed by: Syren4444||Added: Oct 16, 2008 at 08:58 PM|
For those of us who can't have potatoes, or simply want a change of pace, these are a wonderfully satisfying swap! Baked, not fried!
How to make it:
- Butternut Squash
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray / or one egg white
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line baking sheet with nonstick tin foil or parchment
- Peel butternut squash, seed it, and slice into 'french fry' shaped pieces.
- Lightly spray with cooking oil or coat with beaten egg white.
I recommend a hearty dash of cinnamon and powdered ginger. Butternut has natural sweetness and this really shines through! Also good with garlic salt, nutritional yeast, cajun spices, anything goes!
- Arrange in single layer, bake 30-60minutes, turn over once halfway through.
- Finished when soft and slightly browned.
- Let cool and enjoy!