|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|No Chili, 'Chili' (White)|
|Contributed by: Darla Quail||Added: Oct 13, 2008 at 03:12 PM|
In the fall and winter we just can't live without our chili. This is as close as I can get for type A's without feeling too much guilt.
How to make it:
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 lb bulk Turkey Sausage
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 stocks of celery, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large or 4 small bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 15 oz cans Great Northern Beans (1 whole can & 1 drained)
- In a large pot heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the turkey, turkey sausage, onions, celery and salt to the pot.
- Break up the turkey and sausage in to small pieces with the sharp end of a spatula.
- When meat is almost oompletely cooked through and veggies have softened mix in the minced garlic and bay leaves.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Mix in the oregano, thyme, cumin, cayenne, onion powder and garlic powder in to the pot.
- Stir in the chicken stock and beans.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer (low).
- Simmer for at least 40 minutes.