|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Creme Brulee Bread Pudding|
|Contributed by: Italybound||Added: Oct 10, 2008 at 08:47 PM|
Yummy yummy dessert!!
How to make it:
- 1 stick (1/2 Cup) unsalted butter or ghee
- ½ Cup agave nectar
- 6 pieces millet bread (or other compliant bread)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Mimic Cream (or Half and Half)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Ground Cinnamon (optional)
- Ground Clove (optional)
- In a small saucepan, melt butter with agave nectar over moderate heat, stirring, until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Butter a 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Tear bread into pieces into the dish.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, Mimic Cream or Half and Half, vanilla, Grand Marnier (optional), and sea salt until combined well (it should be unsweetened).
- Mix with butter/agave mix and pour evenly over bread.
- Chill bread mixture, covered, at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Bring bread to room temperature.
- Bake bread mixture, uncovered, in middle of oven until puffed and edges are pale golden, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Begin checking at 30 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.