|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Lean, Mean, & Green Beneficial Dinner|
|Contributed by: Syren4444||Added: Oct 06, 2008 at 09:39 PM|
Delicious easy dinner that offers a tone of beneficial foods in one tasty serving! Green Pesto cleverly hides kale and spinach and is poured over a grain and veggie bowl!
How to make it:
- 1-2 cups Frozen spinach
- 1 Garlic clove
- 2 Tablespoons Walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Dried basil (or a few leaves fresh)
- 3 Kale Leaves
- 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil (I use rosemary flavored)
- Serving Cooked Quinoa
- Serving Steamed Brocoli (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Leek, sliced and sauteed
- Cook your quinoa.
- Steam the broccoli.
- Sautee the leek and pile a serving size into a bowl.
- Add the top seven ingredients to a blender or food processor and puree.
- You can either drizzle in extra olive oil as needed to thin, or add water to cut calories.
- Top your dish with pesto mixture.
- Sprinkle on a few crumbled walnuts for decoration.
You can easily sub Kasha, Brown Rice or other grains. Great over brown rice pasta too! Any steamed veggies are perfect in your bowl. Instead of walnuts try almonds, pine nuts, or other favorites. Experiment with flavored Olive Oils!