|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Indian Carrot Salad|
|Contributed by: Darla Quail||Added: Oct 04, 2008 at 02:39 PM|
This was originally a Jamie Oliver recipe however I have morphed it in to one suitable for us type A's. This is a salad only in the sense the the veggies are not cooked and there is a dressing to pour over the top but by all means this is a hardy main course type dish. I would imagine that this would also make a good potluck type dish since it is best severed at room temperature. It holds up really well for left overs.
How to make it:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey or chicken
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Pound carrots, peeled then grated (I use the grate attachment on my food processor for this)
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (type AB & B omit)
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- For the dressing:
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted then ground (I would imagine that you can use already ground cumin but would think you would back off the amount to 3/4 tsp)
- 3 shallots or 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 heaping tsp freshly grated ginger (the bottled ginger works just fine for me)
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Serve with:
- Naan, pita, or bread that's appropriate for your type.
- Plain Greek style yogurt
- lemon wedges
- In a large skillet, cook turkey or chicken in olive oil breaking in to small pieces with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Stir in garam marsala and salt till thoroughly combined.
- Continue to cook until meat is browned and a little crispy.
- In a large bowl, combined the shredded carrots, toasted sesame seeds and chopped parsley.
- In a small bowl, combined the cumin, diced shallots or onion, lemon zest, lemon juice and grated ginger. Whisk in extra virgin olive oil till everything is thoroughly combined.
- Added the turkey/chicken to the carrot mixture, stir. Then stir in the dressing.
- Serve immediately.