|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Tofu Stir Fry|
|Contributed by: Darla Quail||Added: Sep 25, 2008 at 03:49 PM|
How to make it:
- 3 Tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1 15 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 package of Teriyaki Baked Tofu, sliced
- 2 - 3 bunches of broccoli, cut in to spears
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, cut in half then quartered
- 2-3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon powder ginger
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoon tamari sauce
- 2 Tablespoon corn starch [arrowroot]
- In a small pot over medium heat saute the brown rice in 1 Tablespoon of canola oil.
- Stir frequently till lightly browned.
- Add chicken broth bring to boil and cover.
- Cook until all liquid has been absorbed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet heat 2 Tablespoon canola oil over medium high heat.
- Arrange tofu in a single layer.
- Pan fry till browned.
- Remove, taking care to leave behind as much oil as possible.
- Set aside.
- Add the vegetables to the wok/skillet and cook over medium high heat stirring frequently until the vegetables are crisp tender.
- Return the tofu to the wok/skillet.
- Pour sauce over tofu-veggie mixture and stir until everything is covered and sauce has thickened.
- Serve over rice.