|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Salmon Roe Cure and serve|
|Contributed by: Carl Nyman||Added: Sep 25, 2008 at 03:29 PM|
This recipe tells how to cure whole skeins for serving and provides a serving suggestion.
How to make it:
- 1/2 pound whole salmon skein(s).
- 1/4 cup salt
- 6 cups water
- Mayonnaise [check for avoids]
- White Onion
- Sourdough bread [or compliant substitute]
- Mix the water and salt and heat to about 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add roe and stir until the eggs begin to fall from the skein while gently rubbing with thumbs as the skein begins to melt.
- Do not overheat as this will 'cook' the eggs and they will lose the desired color and flavor.
- Remove from heat and continue to rub the eggs free from the skin.
- Drain into a sieve and remove remaining skin.
- Place the clean, salted eggs into a glass container and refrigerate.
- SERVING SUGGESTION:
- Slice fresh open grain sourdough or french bread.
- Spread with mayonnaise and thinly sliced white onions. Top with Salmon roe.
- Lox and Salmon roe together are good.
- Mayonnaise may be pureed with Kalamata olive or Tarragon for different flavors.
- Can also be served with crackers.