|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Spanish Black Beans and Rice|
|Contributed by: Darla Quail||Added: Sep 21, 2008 at 07:57 PM|
This recipe makes a lot. Great side dish to serve a large group of people or hardy enough as a main course for a few.
How to make it:
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 large carrots diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 - 4 cups cooked short grain brown rice
- 1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 of 1 Limes juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh Parsley
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over med-hight heat. Saute carrots and onion for 5 - 10 minutes until crisp tender.
- Add corn and garlic and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add the onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, salt, rice and black beans. Stir thoroughly (careful not to smoosh the beans), reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for approx. 10 minutes to warm through the rice and beans. Stir occasionally to make sure rice dose not stick to the bottom of the pan. If some sticking does occur stir in some olive oil.
- Pour over the lime juice and sprinkle on the parsley. Stir and serve.