|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Adzuki Bean & Pumpkin Curry Soup|
|Contributed by: Darla Quail||Added: Sep 09, 2008 at 04:24 PM|
This is an enhanced version of the recipe in the Cook Right 4 Your Type book. My husband was very disappointed in the original recipe. I just couldn't bear to throw it out, so I changed it to this yummy curry soup.
How to make it:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks [or shallots], sliced in thin half moons and washed well
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoon curry powder [check for avoids]
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 cups vegetable broth [check for avoids]
- 1 small sugar pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut up in small cubes [delete or substitute with BTD compliant squash]
- 1 tablespoon sugar [delete or substitute with BTD compliant sweetener]
- 1 can adzuki beans, drained and rinsed well [or substitute with BTD compliant legume]
- generous handful of chopped fresh parsley
- In a heavy pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add the leeks, bay leaves, carrots & celery, turn to coat with the oil.
- Cook a few minutes, until they begin to color.
- Add garlic, salt, curry powder, turmeric and red pepper. Stir spices into vegetables and cook for 1 minute.
- Add enough broth to cover them and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add pumpkin & sugar to pot and the remaining broth to completely cover the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Stir in beans and cook until warmed through.
- Remove from heat and take out the bay leaves.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Puree soup with a stick blender, regular blender or food processor until smooth.