|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Water Chestnuts wrapped in Turkey Bacon|
|Contributed by: MelissaJ||Added: Sep 07, 2008 at 09:55 PM|
A Yummy Appetizer
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 1 Tablespoon Ume Plum Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (or 2 tsp brown sugar if allowed)
- 1/4 teaspoon marmite (or 2 T soy sauce if allowed)
- water to cover
- 8-12 fresh water chestnuts, peeled (or one can whole water chestnuts, rinsed)
- 6-12 slices turkey bacon
- After peeling the chestnuts, marinate in the liquid ingredients for 20 minutes or more in refrigerator.
- Wrap with 1 or one-half slice of turkey bacon and place on cookie sheet, seam side down.
- Broil in hot oven for 6-7 minutes, watching that they don't burn. The water chestnuts will remain crispy.
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Jan 07, 2009 at 03:46 PM By: Lola