|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Water Chestnuts wrapped in Turkey Bacon|
|Contributed by: MelissaJ||Added: Sep 07, 2008 at 09:55 PM|
A Yummy Appetizer
How to make it:
- 1 Tablespoon Ume Plum Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (or 2 tsp brown sugar if allowed)
- 1/4 teaspoon marmite (or 2 T soy sauce if allowed)
- water to cover
- 8-12 fresh water chestnuts, peeled (or one can whole water chestnuts, rinsed)
- 6-12 slices turkey bacon
- After peeling the chestnuts, marinate in the liquid ingredients for 20 minutes or more in refrigerator.
- Wrap with 1 or one-half slice of turkey bacon and place on cookie sheet, seam side down.
- Broil in hot oven for 6-7 minutes, watching that they don't burn. The water chestnuts will remain crispy.