|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Multi-grain Flax bread|
|Contributed by: JoanneO||Added: Aug 29, 2008 at 03:25 PM|
A delicious, satisfying low gluten pan bread that is like a cornbread but no corn.
How to make it:
- 1 egg
- 4 Tablespoons flax, olive or grape seed oil
- 2 Tablespoons liquid sweetener (agave or honey)
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup whole spelt flour (some gluten)[or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 1 cup combination any of following: millet flour,
- brown rice flour, oat flour, quinoa flour, amaranth
- flour, oat bran, rice bran.
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix the dry stuff with the mixed wet stuff without the baking powder and baking soda.
- Let mixture set on counter, covered over night or for several hours.
- When ready to bake, pre-heat oven to 350.
- Grease a square 9x9 inch glass pan.
- Mix the soda and powder into the dough, adding a little water if needed.
- Bake 40 minutes