|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Black Bean Soup with Meat|
|Contributed by: funkymuse||Added: Aug 25, 2008 at 09:08 PM|
Thanks to Valerie Vanderford, who posted the Black Bean Soup that I based this on!
How to make it:
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Onions Chopped
- 10 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Pound Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 1 Package Applegate Roasted Red Pepper Sausage
- 3 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoon Cumin
- 5 cups Beef Broth
- 2 cans(15 Oz)Black Beans or 4 cups Prepared Black Beans
- 1/2 cup Wakame (Sea Vegetable)
- 3 cups Basmati Rice Precooked
- Sea Salt/Fresh Ground Green Peppercorns to Taste
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat; brown onions, garlic and sausage.
- In a separate frying pan, brown ground beef, drain and add to onion mixture.
- Continue cooking adding chili powder, cumin, beef broth, Wakame, and one can of the beans.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, puree the remaining can of beans and add to the pan.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 - 20 on medium.
- Add rice, reduce heat to low and simmer for another 30 minutes.