|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Pineapple Upsidedown Cake|
|Contributed by: Ribbit||Added: Aug 25, 2008 at 03:44 PM|
This is not a super sweet cake. If you want it really sweet, double the concentrate and the veg glycerine.
How to make it:
- 1 handful slivered almonds or pecan halves
- scoop of ghee for frying
- pinch nutmeg or compliant spice
- 5 canned pineapple slices
- 2 cups rice or millet flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1 cup hot water (or 3/4 c. if using an egg)
- 2 Tablespoons flax meal (omit if using egg)
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable glycerine or agave
- 2 Tablespoons pineapple juice concentrate
- 2 Tablespoons ghee
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute nuts in ghee in an iron skillet, till lightly browned and fragrant. Add nutmeg and stir.
- Turn off, arrange pineapple slices to cover nuts, then let sit while making cake.
- Heat 1 cup water in microwave.
- Stir in flax meal and let sit.
- Mix rice flour, salt, baking powder, 1/4 cup flax meal in bowl.
- Add flax meal/water mixture, veg glycerin, juice and concentrate.
- Stir quickly and pour over pineapple slices.
- Put in oven and bake 30 minutes or until done.
- Once it's done baking, flip it out, right side up, onto a plate.