|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
How to make it:
- 1 1/2 cup Granulated sugar or suitable sweetener (Xylitol might work)
- 1 cup Light corn syrup/Veggie Glycerine/Agave
- 1 cup Water
- 8 Egg whites
- 3 package Unflavored gelatin (1 oz ea)
- 1 tbsp Rose water (or to taste)
- 1/8 tsp Red food coloring, optional
- 3 cup Powdered sugar
- Melt granulated sugar and corn syrup in 1 cup water over medium heat in saucepan until temperature on candy/sugar thermometer reaches 260 degrees or hard ball stage, 10 to 15 minutes. While cooking syrup, whip egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Add gelatin to syrup and mix vigorously until lumps have disappeared about 2 minutes. Slowly add thickened syrup to whipped egg whites while mixing at medium speed. When incorporated, add rose water and food coloring and continue to mix until mixture feels lukewarm to touch, about 5 minutes.
- Line 8-inch-square cake pan with wax paper and generously coat with 1
- cup powdered sugar. Pour in marshmallow mixture and smooth surface with spatula. Cool at room temperature, then cover surface with additional 1 cup powdered sugar, then with wax paper.
- Freeze at least 1 hour or overnight. You can freeze marshmallows up to 5 days in advance. Cut marshmallow into bite-size squares on cutting
- board powdered with remaining 1 cup powdered sugar. Store in plastic bag in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Makes around 28 to 30 marshmallows.