|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Ginger Chocolate Pound Cake|
|Contributed by: Ribbit||Added: Aug 08, 2008 at 01:26 PM|
This cake is egg-free, but if you can eat eggs, add one -- it'll help the texture. This was adapted from a bread recipe.
How to make it:
- 3 cups millet flour
- 2 cup amaranth flour
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon b.p.[baking powder Recipes]
- 1-2 Tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 12 oz. melted unsweetened chocolate
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Soak millet flour, amaranth flour, flax meal and water overnight (it's okay to skip this step).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add sea salt and baking powder to mix.
- Mix together oil, ghee, egg (if using), vanilla and agave.
- Melt chocolate in glass bowl and stir till liquid.
- Add all liquid ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Add 1/4 cup more water if needed or less.
- Pour into greased bunt pan.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out nearly clean.