|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Chili con Comfort|
Recipe calls for kidney and pinto beans but black, cannellini, white, red or any 2 compliant beans would work.
How to make it:
- 1 pound ground buffalo (or beef or turkey)
- 1 pound onion, peeled and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (or red or cannellini, or BTD compliant substitute)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (or black, northern, or BTD compliant substitute.)
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 habanero (or jalepeno) pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, minced (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/2 cup compliant cheese, optional
- In a skillet over medium heat, lightly brown meat for about 5 minutes, breaking it into small pieces. Drain and set aside.
- In a 5 to 6 quart crockpot or slow cooker, combine onion, beans, peppers, celery, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt and oregano.
- Layer browned meat on top of other ingredients in the pot.
- Cook on high for about 6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours.
- Serve in individual bowls, topped with grated cheese.