|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Roasted Rock Cornish Game Hens|
Tasty alternative to chicken, fancy enough for company. Each hen serves one or two.
How to make it:
- 4 Rock Cornish Game Hens, defrosted
- 4 cloves garlic, split
- 2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt [check for avoids]
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted soy margarine [or ghee]
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pre-heat over to 450 degrees.
- In each hen cavity place 1 clove garlic, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt.
- Place in large roasting pan and cook for 45-50 minutes.
- Baste with sauce about once every 15 minutes, and several times during the last 10 minutes.
- Test for doneness by poking fork in thigh meat.