|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Chipotle Brisket with Sweet Potatoes|
Would seem that any liquid could be substituted for the beer and any other type of meal or flour for the cornmeal. I usually just scrub sweet potatoes instead of peeling them.
How to make it:
- 1 cup beer (maybe just beef broth?)
- 2 Tablespoon yellow cornmeal (flax meal perhaps?) [rice flour]
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 chipotle chile canned in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon pure ancho chile powder
- 1 (4 pound) beef brisket, trimmed of surface fat
- 3-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3 inch pieces
- Mix first 8 ingredients together in a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Rub chile powder into brisket; place in slow cooker and turn to coat. Cover and cook on high approx 6 hours.
- Add potatoes; cook 3 more hours, or until meat is fork tender.
- Remove meat and potatoes; skim fat from sauce. Slice meat and return with potatoes to the sauce; cover and keep warm up to 2 hours. Serves 10.
- per serving: 430 cal, 9g fat, 48g protein, 35g carbohydrates, 6g fiber, 510g sodium