|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Chocolate Almond Finger Cookies|
|Contributed by: Mayflowers||Added: Aug 01, 2008 at 09:46 PM|
Tasty sugar free (if desired) grain free cookies!
How to make it:
- 8 Tablespoons Ghee (or 1 stick of butter)
- 1/2 cup Sugar [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 2 large Egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- Pastry bag fitted with 1/2 inch plain tip
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 2 cookie sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the softened ghee on medium speed for 2 mins.
- Add sugar substitute and beat for another min until mix is well blended and turns white.
- Add the egg whites and beat until smooth.
- Remove from the mixer and use a rubber spatula to mix in the cocoa powder and almond flour until well blended.
- Scrape the mix into the pastry bag and pipe out 2 inch long finger cookies on the lined sheet pans, leaving a couple of inches of space in between each one.
- Bake about 12 mins and then remove and cool on racks.
- Makes about 50 cookies.
You may use a teaspoon if you don't have a pastry bag. Cookies best served immediately once fully cooled, but they can also be stored on the counter in a covered container for up to 3 days. When stored they lose their crispness.