|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Brown Rice and Lentil Casserole|
|Contributed by: kate4975||Added: Jul 28, 2008 at 07:39 PM|
Courtesy of 'ladypit' from Recipezaar.com. This is a basic recipe you can jazz up with vegetables, spices, ground meat, sausage, or anything else that appeals to you. Simple, tasty, cheap and healthy!
How to make it:
- 3 cups compliant broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice, rinsed
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1 cup grated compliant cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except cheese in an 11 x 7 baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour, 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes.