|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Flax Pizza Crust|
|Contributed by: Mayflowers||Added: Jul 21, 2008 at 11:46 AM|
Awesome individual pizza crust started in the microwave and finished in the oven..and no grains.
The above recipe for a Flax Pizza Crust is an avoid for all types as it:
1.) Advises the cooking (indeed the browning!) of flax meal at temperatures well above the smoke point of flax oil (225ºF, the recipe recommends cooking it at 350ºF *1)
2.) Advises the use of microwave cooking in the process.
As Dr. D'Adamo has said here: https://www.dadamo.com/faq/smartfaq.cgi?subject=988813483#988814109 , 'microwaves change the molecular structure of foods in unknown ways' and should be avoided for heating foods.
As always, use common sense when preparing a meal.
How to make it:
- 3 Tablespoons flax meal
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon granular Splenda (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1-2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients;add the egg, water.
- Oil Spray a microwave dinner plate with cooking spray. Spread the batter on the plate in a circle.
- Microwave on High 1 minute 40 seconds.
- Meanwhile heat a little oil in a medium skillet, on medium heat; slide the crust off the plate into the skillet.
- Brown on both sides.
- Place the crust on baking sheet, add toppings of your choice, bake for about 15 minutes until hot and bubbly.