|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Garam Masala 2|
|Contributed by: Mayflowers||Added: Jul 15, 2008 at 08:11 PM|
Here is another version of Garam Masala, used in Indian dishes. This masala has a sweeter note.You can sub paprika for the chili pepper.
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (0 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 1 dried whole chili pod
- 1/2 teaspoon Saffron threads
- 5 cloves mace
- 1/4 cup whole cloves
- 3 three inch cinnamon sticks
- 15 black cardomom pods
- 1/3 cup green cardomom pods
- 1/2 cup cumin seeds
- 2/3 cup corriander seeds
- 1/4 cup fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons ground nutmeg
- Remove cardamom seeds from pods and discard pods.
- Pour all ingredients except ground nutmeg into a ungreased fry pan and toast on top of the stove, stirring every 5 minutes for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Grind in a spice grinder or coffee grinder to a powder.
- Sift through a small sieve, and mix with ground nutmeg.
- Allow to cool thoroughly.
- Date and label containers and use for no longer than 4-5 months.
- When it becomes stale, it loses it's impact.Store in a cool dry place.
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Jul 27, 2008 at 10:03 AM By: Rodney