|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Garam Masala 2|
|Contributed by: Mayflowers||Added: Jul 15, 2008 at 08:11 PM|
Here is another version of Garam Masala, used in Indian dishes. This masala has a sweeter note.You can sub paprika for the chili pepper.
How to make it:
- 1 dried whole chili pod
- 1/2 teaspoon Saffron threads
- 5 cloves mace
- 1/4 cup whole cloves
- 3 three inch cinnamon sticks
- 15 black cardomom pods
- 1/3 cup green cardomom pods
- 1/2 cup cumin seeds
- 2/3 cup corriander seeds
- 1/4 cup fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons ground nutmeg
- Remove cardamom seeds from pods and discard pods.
- Pour all ingredients except ground nutmeg into a ungreased fry pan and toast on top of the stove, stirring every 5 minutes for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Grind in a spice grinder or coffee grinder to a powder.
- Sift through a small sieve, and mix with ground nutmeg.
- Allow to cool thoroughly.
- Date and label containers and use for no longer than 4-5 months.
- When it becomes stale, it loses it's impact.Store in a cool dry place.