|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Okra Supreme (Indian Style)|
|Contributed by: Mayflowers||Added: Jul 12, 2008 at 03:11 PM|
This is a stir fried okra recipe that's easy to make, serve with a flat bread or rice, a dal dish and a salad. Please adjust the salt to taste. I used 1/4 to 1/2 tsp.
How to make it:
- 1 pound fresh okra
- 3-4 Tablespoons ghee
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika or cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon, or to taste sea salt
- Wash the okra and dry thoroughly on paper towels, can also be air dried.
- Trim the tips and stems and slice into rounds 1 1/2 inch thick.
- In large, heavy frying pan, pref. nonstick, heat ghee over moderate high heat.
- When it is hot but not smoking, add the okra in a single layer and reduce the heat to moderate.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to brown the okra evenly.
- Toward the end, add the ground spices, raise the heat to moderately high and stirring, steadily.
- Fry until golden brown and fully cooked.
- Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle with the salt.
- Toss to coat the okra evenly.
- Let it sit, covered for 1 minute before serving.
This can also be an entree by frying tofu or paneer cheese first until lightly golden, and then remove it, set it aside, and toss it back in after the okra is finished