|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Ribbit||Added: Jul 08, 2008 at 10:13 PM|
Delicious soup. Tastes like it has cream, but it's dairy-free! This is a recipe from 'The Allergy Self-Help Cookbook' by Marjorie Hurt Jones. Serves 4--ha. So says the recipe. It served 2 of us.
How to make it:
- 2 Tablespoons oil or ghee
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken/turkey stock or vegetable broth
- 1 large zucchini, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1-2 Tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until soft but not brown.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add stock or broth, zucchini, basil, nutmeg, sea salt and pepper if using, and cook 15 minutes.
- Let cool 5-10 min.
- Ladle half into blender or food processor, and process until pureed.
- Pour into serving bowl.
- Repeat with remaining half.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Stir in lemon juice and serve.