|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Cinnamon Toast Pancakes|
|Contributed by: Mayflowers||Added: Jul 06, 2008 at 01:14 PM|
Wheat and soy free pancakes..from a favorite FoodNetwork Chef George Stella..(paisan). I slightly changed it I put the cinnamon in the batter..plus another addition. Serve with a dollop of Ricotta, Yogurt, or Sour Cream and pour the berries on top.. Also can serve with Maple Syrup, if desired, regular or sugar free (I found one with Splenda in it instead of Aspartame, Maple Grove Farms)
How to make it:
- Ghee for griddle
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Milled Flax Seed
- 1/4 cup Sugar (compliant sugar substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder[baking powder Recipes]
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon or to taste
- 1/2 cup Mixed Berries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup Ricotta (or compliant substitute)
- Heat the griddle
- Melt the ghee on low-med heat
- Mix all the ingredients except the last two until well blended.
- Using a large cooking spoon drop onto hot griddle
- Cook one side until golden underneath and can be flipped.
- Cook other side until golden.
I often will put a pot lid over them to encourage faster cooking (like baking) and it makes them puff up higher. The recipe either makes 16 mini pancakes or 5-6 larger ones.