|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Cold Pea Salad|
|Contributed by: Rodney||Added: Jun 21, 2008 at 11:21 AM|
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen small peas (early party peas best)
- 1 tart red-skinned apple
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream or mayonnaise
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoons horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper optional
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Turn peas from package into colander.
- Run hot water over until just thawed.
- Rinse in cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Without peeling apple, core and chop.
- Combine in bowl drained peas, chopped apple, and onion.
- Combine sour cream, horseradish, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Add to salad and mix lightly.
- Dressing can be made a day ahead.
- Serve in bowl lined with crisp greens.
- Yield 4-6 servings.
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
BTD Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Mayonnaise||-|| A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Jan 10, 2009 at 09:24 AM By: Rodney