|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Cold Pea Salad|
|Contributed by: Rodney||Added: Jun 21, 2008 at 11:21 AM|
How to make it:
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen small peas (early party peas best)
- 1 tart red-skinned apple
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream or mayonnaise
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoons horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper optional
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Turn peas from package into colander.
- Run hot water over until just thawed.
- Rinse in cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Without peeling apple, core and chop.
- Combine in bowl drained peas, chopped apple, and onion.
- Combine sour cream, horseradish, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Add to salad and mix lightly.
- Dressing can be made a day ahead.
- Serve in bowl lined with crisp greens.
- Yield 4-6 servings.