|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Creamy Chocolate Truffles|
|Contributed by: funkymuse||Added: Jun 17, 2008 at 10:18 AM|
Creamy Chocolate that could also be used as cake, cookie, cupcake or any other type of Frosting. Eat with a spoon or form into round little truffles!Make sure to eat as desert after a main course meal to avoid any high glycemic effect.Enjoy!
How to make it:
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1-1/4 cups salted ghee, softened
- 12 ounces heavy Cream - I use Mimic Creme - (Almond/Cashew Milk) http://www.mimiccreme.com/
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Brandy (can be left out)
- Agave or other sweetener to taste
- Break the chocolate into 1 inch pieces, then slowly melt in a double boiler set over med-heat (the water should be simmering gently, not boiling)
- Stir in the butter (ghee), 1 or 2 Tablespoon at a time, until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Slowly stir in the cream and sweetener.
- Remove from heat, then stir the vanilla and brandy flavorings into the chocolate until smooth and well combined.
- Now when using the Mimic Cream, the chocolate will separate from the ghee and cream, just stir it the best you can, (it will look very weird), and put it in the fridge.
- After the mixture hardens up, take it out and let it sit at room temperature until soft and then stir it all together adding more sweetener, if needed. It will then blend just like you want it to.
- Put it back in the fridge to firm up again.
- Using a melon ball or teaspoon to scoop the chocolate into 1-inch balls and place them on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Frequently dip the melon baller in hot water to make forming the balls easier. Store uncovered in the fridge.
- Before serving, let the truffles stand at room temperature about 30 minutes.
- If desired, roll the just-formed truffles in crushed nuts, shredded coconut, unsweetened cocoa powder, or other decorative coatings.