|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Sugar Free Chocolate Mousse|
|Contributed by: YCchocolate||Added: Jun 15, 2008 at 05:59 PM|
This recipe makes a delicious sugar free mousse that is the perfect compliment to the Flourless, No Sugar Added Chocolate Cake recipe but is also great alone or with fresh fruit.Since the quality of the chocolate and vanilla determine the quality of a mousse, we recommend Singing Dog Vanilla™ pure vanilla extract for this recipe. Together with YC Chocolate 70% Dark it imparts a rich and a silky texture with subtle complementary vanilla tones.
How to make it:
- 1 c. scalded cream
- 1/3 lb chopped YC Chocolate 70% Dark Chocolate for Baking
- 1 Egg
- 2 Egg whites (or 3 if you want an airier texture)
- 1 tsp Singing Dog Vanilla™ pure vanilla extract
- Place chopped chocolate and vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl. Pour scalded cream over the chocolate and mix thoroughly to melt chocolate and combine.
- After chocolate is melted, stir in (whole) egg and mix to combine. (Alternate method: Place all above ingredients in a processor and blend for about 1 minute until thoroughly melted and mixed).
- Continue mixing until temperature of the mixture is lukewarm (this will thicken the mixture and make it more creamy).
- With an electric mixture, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Blend by folding egg whites into the chocolate mixture until whites steaks are gently folded in.
- Pour into serving dishes and chill until set (usually overnight).