|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Quick Mango Rice|
|Contributed by: Rosey||Added: Jun 13, 2008 at 00:34 AM|
I needed a quick starch and vegetable accompaniment to white fish, and came up with this side dish from my supplies. It worked so well, I thought I ought to share it. It goes with chicken and turkey, and salmon too.A secretors and ABs could try with nectarine or peach instead of mango for a similar sweet'n'salt effect.
How to make it:
- olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 fresh mango or 1 whole nectarine or peach, cut into small cubes
- Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil with sea salt and curry powder.
- Add frozen peas and put the lid on for a few minutes until the onions are soft and the peas are heated.
- Add the rice and stir to separate the grains.
- Add the egg and keep stirring it in until it is no longer liquid.
- Add the mango (or nectarine/peach).
- Put the lid on for a few minutes to heat.
- Don't stir too much more otherwise the fruit will go mushy.
- Serve and enjoy.