|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Sweet Potato Cake|
'Highly beneficial' dessert. The batter is especially easy to prepare if you have a food processor.
How to make it:
- 1 cup Kamut flour [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice or ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large or 2 medium apples, peeled and grated
- 1-1/2 pound sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt (if desired), allspice, and coriander.
- Set the bowl aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and sugar until the mixture is creamy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the apple and potato.
- Add the flour mixture to the potato mixture, and stir the ingredients well.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8' or 9' square baking pan.
- Place the pan in the hot oven, and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the pan on a rack for 5-10 minutes before turning it out on the rack to cool completely.