|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Pizza Sauce Substitute|
Yummy sauce for homemade pizza and you won't miss the tomato!
How to make it:
- 2 teaspoons sugar [or agave]
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons oregano powder
- 3 drops anise flavoring
- 1 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Working in a small bowl, mix dry spices and powders.
- Stir in anise flavoring.
- Stir in 1/2 c. water.
- With a rubber spatula, spread a thin layer on the pizza dough, concentrating it slightly around the edge.
- Add your pizza toppings and bake as usual.
- The sauce is very highly flavored, so a little goes a long way.
- I haven't tried variations with substitutes.
- This pizza sauce works like a charm, and my pizza-loving family raves over it.