Why The Blood Type Diet is so Popular for Losing Weight
For a diet not designed as a traditional calorie-cutting “diet,” why is the Blood Type Diet so successful at helping people reach their natural, healthy weight?
How The Blood Type Diet Works: The Basics
Over several decades, researchers have identified over 1,000 common foods that contain powerful proteins called lectins. Here’s the key: These food lectins become active and important for you when they interact with your blood type.
For example, after consuming any number of foods containing wheat, both blood types O and A can experience bloating and other digestive problems. This may be more than a simple “food intolerance.” The walls of the stomach and intestines are lined with sensitive receptors that interact with, and respond to, the lectin in wheat. At first, you may only experience that wheat lectin interaction as a mild digestive problem, or a dull, listless feeling after consuming foods not right for you.
Over time, the result is a steadily deteriorating state of health, loss of energy and weight gain.
The good news is, by removing these targeted foods and replacing them with foods more suitable for your blood type, you begin to experience the benefits of a leaner, cleaner, more energetic body.
That Weight Loss Shake is Actually Packing it On
Over 80% of us can't tolerate most weight loss products.Most so-called weight-control shakes are only about limiting calorie intake without taking into consideration your unique biochemical needs. Do you wonder why so many people lose weight, only to gain it back--and then some? Or why many people may lose weight in the face and neck, but remain persistently overweight around the middle? Improper and unhealthy weight loss leads to unbalanced and unhealthy weight distribution.
Genuine weight loss and genuine, lasting health comes from considering how your body interacts with the foods and beverages you consume. Dr. D’Adamo’s pioneering and on-going research confirms that your blood type is the single most important determinant in how your body interacts with the foods you eat and whether those foods cause inflammation, digestive problems, or weight gain for you.
Over 80% of Americans are either type O or A. Wheat and corn by-products are two of the key weight-gaining foods for blood types O and A. Amazingly, most popular “low calorie” diet bars and shakes contain whey and corn-derived ingredients which for blood type O:
- Inflames your digestive tract lining and interferes with your digestive process, causing bloating.
- Slows down the rate of food metabolism, so you don't efficiently burn calories for energy.
- Compromises your production of insulin.
- Upsets your hormonal balance, causing water retention, thyroid disorders and other problems.
By simply replacing the key weight-gaining foods in your diet, you can begin not only helping your body lose weight, but also gain more energy.
It's Simple to Get Started
It's easy to overlook a common source of dietary lectins: So-called "low calorie" diet foods and other snack foods. Take a new look at the snacks or diet drinks and powders you may be using right now. Do any of them contain any of the foodstuffs that are harmful to your blood type, or have lectins known to lead to inflammation and weight gain?
Consider replacing these with blood-type friendly Dr. D’Adamo-designed snack bars, protein drinks, and teas. Not only are these foods easier on your system --but they can have an immediate impact on your body’s lectin chain-reactions.
Look at your diet. Don't try to change your entire life in one weekend. After looking over the key weight-gaining foods for your blood type, consider replacing at least two of them with other foods that may be neutral or even beneficial for your type.
- Example for Types O and A: Replace wheat breads and pastas with better-tolerated, neutral Spelt breads and pastas. Ideally, until you reach your preferred state of health and weight, you'll want to consume less of these grains, and add more quality meats and vegetables. However, removing the gluten is a huge step in the right direction.
- Example for Types B and BA: Replace corn muffin, taco shells, and pastas with better-tolerated, neutral Spelt breads and pastas. Ideally, until you reach your preferred state of health and weight, you'll want to consume less of these grains, and add more quality meats and vegetables.