$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 5

Re: People who 'know' ER4YT, but "won't" do it - an enigma

Posted By: Mich
Date: June-21, 1998 at 13:43:08

In Response To: People who 'know' ER4YT, but "won't" do it - an enigma (Steve Shapiro)

Steve:
Asking someone, or asking ourselves, to change our diet is making a big request. Our diet is a fundamental part of our lives. Making fundamental changes to that diet can be a very difficult thing to add to a complex life already.

I think major change happens in a life when the person involved becomes convinced on an intellectual and almost an emotional level. For myself, in order to change something like diet, I have to go through a complicated and lengthy process - where I think, weigh thoughts, try ideas out, try things out, go back and forth and finally settle on what works.

It's like dieting to lose weight. Anyone who has ever done much dieting to lose weight knows that if you "try" a diet without personal conviction developed over time, you fall off that diet and you gain the weight back. And eventually you realize how unhealthy it is for your body and soul to keep leaping from one thing to another like that.

Again speaking just from my experience, if I am going to approach a new way of eating that is life-changing, I will only be successful in that new way of eating if I approach it in a cautious, thorough, well-thought-out way. Otherwise I know from experience that I won't stick with it. If I'm going to change my life, I know I have a much better chance of changing it if I take time to do it - even if it takes a couple of years to make the change. I absolutely know from experience that it won't work at all if I try to do it suddenly.

Finally, we can "know" ER4YT makes sense but we all owe it to ourselves to approach any dietary change with caution. We are flooded with ideas and ways to improve and change our lives, many of which are downright bad for us. I have a great deal of respect for Dr. D'Adamo and think his work is indeed helping many people - it has helped me and has taught me a lot about my body and its relationship with foods. But I have proceeded carefully and experimentally, wanting to prove this for myself. Actually proving it for yourself is what Dr. D asks.

Still drinking cream in my coffee and an A,
Mich.

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved