$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 5

Simple solution?

Posted By: heidi
Date: June-17, 1998 at 08:33:57

In Response To: Senior,Type A, Fatigue, Headaches (Diane)

Hi!

...he is the type to push himself to the limits. For the past 8-9 years he's been having bouts with headaches and fatigue.

I know you're looking for diet advice, so I hesitate to say this, but the sentence above really hit me.

The guy needs rest! I know this culture rewards high activity and extreme efforts towards "success." I know there are excellent, eminently "practical" personal reasons for continuing to exert day after day, year after year -- and I know many deep personal issues can be tied up with "productivity." The body has its own needs, and its message is not a purely physical one.

My aim is not to criticize you or your husband. Please forgive me if I sound heated on this topic. It's just that I believe we look for what we want in the places we want to find it; for example: if I am suffering from drug use, but I want to continue using drugs, I will seek out ways to cure my uncomfortable symptoms, while attempting to maintain my pattern of usage. I will also avoid contrary information, and choose those "solutions" which will appear to solve what I perceive as my problem, without challenging my attachment to drugs. This is a common paradigm of behavior.

What happens, when you are attached to a given mode of functioning -- let's say, overwork (which is making you ill) -- and you are having trouble? Unfortunately, personal goals are tied up in the overwork. The reason why I might WANT to get well is so that I can CONTINUE TO OVERWORK! So, I will seek other strategies to shore myself up so that I can continue.

Please think about this medically unaccredited, rambling, emotional and non-diet-related post. Supplements can only replace what should be in the diet to start with. They cannot cumulatively create a body which will do without something else it needs -- namely, release from stress.

all the best to both of you...

heidi

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved