$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 5

Re: My Suggestion

Posted By: Peter D'Adamo
Date: July-22, 1998 at 08:02:04

Everyone is welcome here.

Unfortunately, much of what goes on does not reflect positively on the book and I'm getting tired of having to play watchdog. In particular I am getting fed-up of having to read posts about women getting hit on. Few of them seem to relish it, and, as the father of two small girls, it bothers me.

I've met several people who have told me that they eagerly recommend the book, but do not advise people to visit the web site...

Moreover, I see a big difference in the Guestbook posts, which accurately reflect the views of newcomers to the site.

When the boards are controlled and civil, Guestbook visitors leave entries which are generally positive and often talk about wanting to start the diet. When the boards are full of extraneous material and anger, newbies get concerned that if this is what this program is about, they'd rather pass. Obviously I would like people to take my work seriously enough to at least give it a chance.

As a programmer yourself, I am sure that you (better than most) understand the overhead that gets soaked up with posts which have absolutely nothing to do with the concepts of the book.

So, to answer your question:

1. Everyone with an interest in my work is welcome to post and interact here. Witicisms or criticisms are always welcome.

2. Space is an issue, but I am more concerned about how this site appears to newcomers and how helpful it is in general. This is an important concern, because within the last month the percentage of hits has gone way, way up, and I want this site to reflect positively on my work.

3. Perhaps it is a reflection of my participation (or lack of it) that the boards tend to "drift." I sometimes feel like the homeroom teacher who is grading their AP students' papers (my other projects) while paper airplanes, hair-pulling and spitballs fly around the room.

4. I think we should treat newcomers better. Yes they are going to ask about oatmeal and the Zone, but very few of the more frequent long-time visitors take the time or trouble to help me help them.

5. I think a vacuous website on ABO might be fun.

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved