$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 4

Here's my weekly rage against the machine

Posted By: sean
Date: May-04, 1998 at 15:30:48

I wanted to title this post "Policing the F.D.A and their whores" but lets tell it like it is. I've got a book in front of me titled "Worst Pills/Best Pills II" where the section in the back covers the question of brand names vs. generics. There is no right answer because both are equally questionable in certain ways. How come Neosporin is more effective than the knockoffs? Manufacturing process, ingredients? I use pharmaceuticals for paper cuts but many people on this site are using some "big guns"

Bottom line; the FDA is not doing their job and are favoring some foreign factories and scrutinizing others. Yesterdays NY Times(page24) reports about a government report that states that out of the 3200 foreign companies that have informed the FDA they ship pharmaceutical ingredients and products, only 1100 have been inspected. The FDA can not explain why the other 2100 have not been inspected. It gets worse because the FDA keeps their information on these companies on 15 different computer systems which makes enforcement a joke when they do find a problem. In the 49 case that failed an inspection last year, 32 were dismissed(reduced) and were allowed to keep exporting crap to the U.S.

BTW, the Audit was requested by Joe L. Barton(R-Tex)head of the House Commerce Subcommitte. I'm going to look into this further, it really smells like something. Demanding information about the drugs you take is the part to play whether you are a doctor or an "informed" patient. If you belong to an HMO, hold them to helping you get this info.

Messages in This Thread

• Here's my weekly rage against the machine
    sean -- Wednesday, 6 May 1998, at 12:23 p.m.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved