In my small city of 120,000, Eugene, Oregon, ER4YT is having a very deep and noticible impact. Much more so than any diet/self-help book ever published (even more so than John Robbin's "Diet for New America."
1) Our county blood bank has set aside one morning per week just to do blood typing. They are swamped with requests.
2) Any time I mention ER4YT to a stranger, more than 75% of them have heard of it, know somebody who is doing it, or are doing it themselves to some degree.
3) There is virtually no conflict or confrontation involved in spreading this word, no-where near so than vegetarianism brings up.
4) I'm doing free seminars once per month about the ER4YT program. Each of them has been filled to capacity (15), and I expect 50+ at the May meeting (can anybody loan me some chairs? :-), based on telephone response and doctor's office inquiries. (On a side note, I will be taking notes of my next presentation and posting "A how a layperson can present ER4YT to the layperson" seminar and providing some materials for that. As usual, I request that you not e-mail me to ask when it will be ready, that only slows me down).
5) Numerous stories abound of people purchasing 4-10 copies of the book to give to friends and relatives. I am unaware of any other book with this reputation.